Convergent Dentistry – Tooth extractions in Toronto
Although permanent teeth and are meant to last us for a long time, there could be reasons to extract them. Some of the most common reasons for tooth extraction are if your teeth are damaged due to decay and cannot be restored, or if they are too crowded etc. At our clinic, we offer tooth extraction solutions. You can rely on us to administer anaesthesia and gently remove the teeth. Our team will ensure that the process as pain free and done quickly without any discomfort. To know more about our tooth extraction in Toronto or to book an appointment with us, please get in touch with us now. We will be happy to help you with all your dental needs.
Some of common reasons for tooth extraction are:
Dentists remove teeth for various reasons such as:
- Dental cavities
- Gum disease
- Trauma or injury to the tooth
- Wisdom teeth ache
- Preparation for a dental prosthesis
- Dental infections
- Preparation for dental braces
Other reasons include:
Although some toothaches can be managed at home with over-the-counter medication and other pain relievers, there are other tooth aches that can be unbearable, you may experience sharp, persistent toothaches. This can be caused by a sensitive tooth, infection or fractured tooth, that is why treating this immediately is essential. Our team offers emergency dental solutions.
1. A crowded mouth: If you wish to perfectly align your teeth but your teeth are crowded, we can help. We offer tooth extraction to help you align your teeth and make space for other teeth to grow comfortably.
2. Infection: If tooth decay reaches the centre of the tooth, it can enter the pulp and cause infection. Although root canal can be used to restore teeth, in some cases extraction may be needed to prevent th
3. Periodontal (gum) disease: If periodontal disease effects the tissues and bones, they loosen the teeth and damage them. Our dentist may recommend teeth extraction in case you have severe periodontal disease.
Dentists perform tooth extractions for many reasons. Our dentist extracts a tooth when there is no other choice. We will numb the tooth first and only then proceed further. To know more about our services, please get in touch with us now, we are here to help you with all your dental needs.
The first 24 hours after an extraction are important.
Disturbing the area can slow the healing process. You should avoid:
- Eating hard food
- Rinsing mouth
- Drinking alcohol
- Sucking on the extraction site
- Touching it with their tongue
- Using a straw
In addition to this, please ensure that you
- Take painkillers as prescribed.
- Apply an ice bag to reduce swelling and ease pain
- Relax for at least 24 hours and limit physical activity
- Eat soft foods, such as yogurt, juice and smoothie
Continue to brush your teeth, but avoid the extraction site to prevent infection.
Complications of tooth extraction
- Dry socket. This can cause intense and cause immense pain. It can also cause bad breath. If you are experiencing pain for more than 2–3 days after the surgery, seek help from our dentists immediately.
- Persistent swelling
- Pus and redness
- Swollen glands in the neck
If a person has experienced no complications, schedule a follow-up appointment to check the progress of healing. Contact us now for more information. Take advantage of services in and around Toronto.
Are you looking for tooth extraction solutions in Toronto? Look no further and get in touch with us now.