Convergent Dentistry – Dental crowns in Toronto
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap that is placed over a tooth that has been treated for infection, decay or other damage. A dental crown helps restore the shape and size, strength of the teeth. The crowns are cemented on to the treated teeth. Dental crowns can last you a long time with good oral care. You can rely on us to offer dental crowns at affordable prices.
We are a trusted dental clinic with many years of experience, our team is fully qualified and professional, we regularly undergo trainings and are up to date with all the modern and innovative dental treatments and solutions. Get in touch with us now, we will be happy to help you with all your requirements. We serve patients in and around Toronto.
Why is a dental crown needed?
A dental crown may be needed to protect and strengthen teeth:
- Dental crown will protect a weak tooth from cracking
- It can also help restore broken tooth or worn-down tooth
- It is ideal to cover large filling
- It can be used to hold dental bridge in place
- Can be used to cover discoloured teeth
- Can be perfect for cosmetic modification
What are dental crowns made of?
Permanent crowns are made by using many different materials such as:
- Metal crowns: There are several metals that can be used to create crowns, these include gold, palladium and chromium. These metals are strong and can withstand the daily wear. They can be a good choice for out-of-sight molars.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal: This type of dental crown can be customized to match the colour of your teeth. They seamlessly blend with your teeth. These dental crowns are a good choice for front or back teeth.
- Resin: Resin dental crowns are less expensive when compared to other crown types. They are likely to be prone to wear down.
- All-ceramic: These types of dental crowns look like natural teeth. They are a good choice for front teeth. However, they are prone to damage.
How is my tooth prepared for a dental crown?
During the first visit, our dentists will thoroughly examine your teeth and prepare it. Our dentist may recommend a root canal treatment before we place a dental crown. Root canal is usually recommended when you have a
- Tooth decay
- Injury to the tooth’s pulp
Our dentist will file down and make space for the crown. After reshaping the tooth, we will use a putty to make a copy of the tooth. The impressions will be sent to a dental laboratory. This will usually be ready in a weeks’ time, meanwhile our dentist will place temporary crown to cover the treated tooth.
Issues with dental crown?
There are several issues you may experience with your crown
- Discomfort or sensitivity
- Chipped crown
- Loose crown
- Crown falls off
- Allergic reaction
- Dark line on crowned tooth next to the gum line
How long do dental crowns last?
Dental crowns can last for 15 years. It can also be influenced by factors such as
- Teeth grinding
- Clenching your teeth.
- Chewing ice
- Biting your fingernails.
Are you looking for dental crowns? We can help. We offer dental crowns in Toronto at great prices. Get in touch with us now for more details, we are here to help you with all your dental needs.